Parenting Classes and More
Lessons For Life
Phase I: EDUCATION
We use the “Earn While You Learn” program, which is free to anyone wishing to enroll. Clients are required to take a weekly 1-hour class, based on the ages of their children, life circumstances, or their personal preferences.
Clients earn BOUTIQUE BUCKS by attending the classes, showing up on time, doing their assigned homework, bringing church bulletin as proof of church attendance,memorizing scripture, or a pay-check stub as proof of employment. They can use these BOUTIQUE BUCKS to purchase items in The Boutique, which contains new and gently
used items donated by the community (diapers, formula, bottles, strollers, maternity clothes, etc.).
All lessons are Biblically-based and scripture is shared with each lesson. Clients are encouraged to set goals for themselves and we track their progress in meeting these goals. Once they get to know our loving, friendly teachers, many clients open up and share their experiences with us, and we often get the opportunity to help them rationally think through their problems, look to God’s word, and seek solutions. We love getting to be a part of their lives and share God’s word with them.
- Parenting Classes (Pregnancy and Beyond)
- Discipline (Effective Discipline for children ages 2-12)
- Job Skills Training (including Dress for Success)
- Life Lessons Training (including Money Management)
- Sex, Love, & Relationships (Abstinence based)
- Bible Studies (including ‘Marriage Without Regrets’)
- Fatherhood Classes (‘The Quest for Authentic Manhood’)